Happy Photo Finish Day and happy last week of June. By now we are probably all completely done with school for this year, and if you have a girl that’s graduating you’ll recognize this scene…
Peeking in through the beaded curtain hanging in the bedroom doorway at everything laid out and ready to be worn to prom. Pretty dresses, shoes and jewellery that represent many hours of planning and shopping. Hair and makeup being done in the room next door. A steady stream of texts and facebook messages to keep up with preparation happening at friends’ houses. Anticipation of a big night of celebration.
Words will never adequately express the hours, the effort, the laughter and the tears it takes to get a student to this point. So if this is where you find yourself this season…well done to you. I hope your graduate enjoyed a well-deserved day of celebration, and that you gave yourself a well-deserved pat on the back as well. It’s a huge accomplishment that can’t be taken away from them.
I wish you and your grads the best of luck for the next leg of the journey.
Aaaand...this brings me to half-way through my Photo Finish project! Yay me! Not a graduation point yet, but a milestone nonetheless. Thanks for coming and visiting here and checking in on my photography progress! I hope you’ve been inspired to experiment with your own photography too and try some new things. And I think it’s time to start handing out some giveaways and holding some contests, so I hope you’ll stick around for the second half of the year to see what’s coming up. Have a great weekend everyone!

